Reading Tim Keel's Intuitive Leadership...

As I was reading Tim Keel's Intuitive Leadership, came across a couple of profound items to share. Highly recommend this book that was recommended to me by friend Phil Shepherd. In it, Keel explores the idea of story and how we, as the church, desperately need to re-orient ourselves around the context of being present in an unfolding and dynamic story.

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time." - T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"
"We no longer live in the world of modernity. Oh, it's still out there, but not in the same way. We are indebted to it and wary of it, and well we should be. It's our story. But the story is moving on. The world is changing. Reality is in flux. Unfortunately, it seems as though the church is in denial, and if not outright denial, then confusion that leads, on one hand to often ill-conceived reaction and, on the other hand, to inactivity verging on paralysis. Christians, the people of Jesus, seem gripped by fear. How counter to the life of Jesus. We know something is going on around us, but we're not sure what it is, how we should feel about it, and what, if anything, we should do. But we have been called to freedom and courage. We are called to story. To remember. To live. To tell." - Tim Keel

Comments

Unknown said…
could you do a book report on Harry Potter next?
Anonymous said…
Kyle,

Just found your blog from a link on Steve Heyduck's blog. You can find me at davidsbucket.com.

Anyways, glad to hear about Tim Keel's book. I wasn't aware of that publication, but I'm going to have to pick up a copy. What resonated with me was his statement, "the church is living in fear." I see, hear and experience that in so many ways. I often find myself asking people around me, why are you so scared about tomorrow?

I'm very confused by the hope that I feel as it lives among the fear that seems to surround me.

Popular posts from this blog

rePost: I will not let this go...