Heading Back from Mission

Back from Slidell, Louisiana invigorated by the relationships that I formed with clients, youth and young adult leaders. My group worked on an animal shelter in Slidell that was devastated by the hurricane. Our team built four - five walls and sheetrocked them as well. The volunteer director and his wife were so awesome throughout the week and told us their story (including their hurricane story) and the story of their faith in Christ that has gotten them both through so much more than a hurricane. Each of them had gotten through so many health issues strengthened and renewed in their faith. Looking back, I feel we did so much more than help rebuild walls but helped to rebuild hope and faith in neighbors. Thank you for your prayers and support over the last week. I coveted them as I set off on Sunday morning, leading a group of people whom I knew nothing about and coveted them throughout the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rePost: I will not let this go...